The kids are always getting sick. All I want to do is keep germs away by disinfecting your home and I think we have managed to stay healthy in part because we have certain rules we adhere to on a daily basis:
· Wash your hands as soon as you get home from school, work, or being out and about
· Keep tissues handy, and cough or sneeze into your elbow not your hands
· Clean and disinfect all common surfaces on a regular basis
The last rule helps us keep the house clean, disinfected and keeps our family protected from those pesky bugs. Besides regular cleaning, I like to use Lysol® Disinfectant Spray because it helps protect my family by killing harmful viruses and bacteria on hard surfaces. It has the added bonus in that it deodorizes by killing bacteria that cause odours (and when you have a teenage boy and a sporty daughter in your family – odours can be a problem). It is also excellent for killing 99.9% of bacteria on fabrics. So now, I can safely spray my daughter’s sports bags, my son’s backpacks and my own work bag that goes in and out of the car and know that I’ve killed some germs!
Lysol came out with some wonderful scents: Crisp Linen, Early Morning Breeze, Green Apple, Lemon Breeze and Spring Waterfall. My personal favourite is the Crisp Linen because it smells like you just finished drying the laundry. There is nothing nicer than fresh laundry. The nice thing is that it leaves a lasting scent and still disinfects and protects.
Another great feature is that Lysol can also be used on hard surfaces (countertops, door handles, light switches) as well as fabrics. It is also excellent for controlling mold & mildew on hard non-porous surfaces like your kitchen or bathroom sink, toilets, bathtubs or floors. We tend to keep the house neat and tidy (that is the professional organizer’s golden rule) but at times we forget how important it is to keep things clean. Here are ten areas that I think you should keep clean and keep disinfected in order to help you keep healthy.
1.Light switches – most light switches are touched multiple times a day. These are just a breeding ground for bacteria and viruses to be passed on from one person to another.
2. Fabric Surfaces – Cushions, sofas, mattresses or carpets (pet beds are another one) could always use a bit of freshening up. A quick spray and it’s done!
3.Sports bags, knapsacks or work bags – It goes without saying that keeping odours, caused by bacteria, to a minimum is helpful. I cannot tell you how good it has been keeping my daughter’s room smelling nice. I often go into my son’s room and spray his knapsack also.
6. Bannisters– if you have stairs in your home, you have bannisters and most people often forget to clean these. Wipe them down with a damp cloth then spray them lightly with Lysol® Disinfectant Spray to keep them clean.
7. Bathroom curtains – mold and mildew can be kept at bay if you give them a quick spray. The added Crisp Linen scent also helps!
8. Toilets, sinks and floors – I often spray the toilet handle, the floor surrounding the toilet and the bottom of the bowl. This does not replace cleaning but is an added bonus between full cleaning.
9. Phones, remotes and tablets – These are three things that I clean constantly. When disinfecting cell phones and tablets, make sure to spray a paper towel and then wipe the device. DO NOT spray directly onto the screen or the mouthpiece in order to avoid damage.
10. Car (steering wheel & seats) – You are in your car constantly. Make sure to gently spray the steering wheel, radio, temperature controls and door handles. Your fabric seats could also use some freshening up so make sure to spray the seats to minimize odours in your car.
I like the benefits that Lysol® Disinfectant Spray brings to my home. It helps me keep bacteria and viruses away from my family. I also like that I can use it on various types of surfaces – that is a big plus!
Click Here to redeem a $2 0ff Coupon for Lysol® Disinfectant Spray