Welcome to the Back to School Blast!
Getting your family prepared to head back to school, can be difficult especially after a long, fun-filled summer. Here are a few of our favorite Back to School Tips to help you along the way.
1. Back-to-School Supplies Checklist - Backpack? Check. Pencils? Check. Safety scissors? Not Yet. Use the same checklist each time you head out to grab supplies, to keep track of what you have already purchased and the things you still need to. These are also handy if you have more than one child. Simply print 2, 3, 4 list and add their name to the top.
2. Be sure to familiarize your child to the school before they go for the first time. Take them to see the building, play in the playground. Practice crossing the street or let them know where the buses will be located. Make sure they are familiar with the area so they will feel right at ‘home’ on that first day.
3. Make sure that you set up a routine for your child from the get go. Set wake up time, shower, dressing time. Have a set time that they have breakfast. Then time to prepare their lunch or pack it. As a parent make sure that you review the agenda in case you have to sign a note, pay for an activity or answer a question for the teacher.
4. Make a point of contacting your ‘emergency’ contacts. If it is not a spouse, is it your mother? your sister? a friend or your neighbour? Who can drop off or pick-up.
5. Refresh your child’s memory on who can and cannot pick them up. Do you have a family code that the person picking up has to say to your child? Have cell phone numbers memorized. Caregivers can be reminded of their responsibilities so they will know what to expect should they get a call from a principal asking for a child.
6. During the summer experiment with different lunch options and what snacks can be home made rather then purchased. Can you make your own granola bar or introduce them marvels of Tuna. Kids will likelyTake the summer to have fun with your kids teaching them how to cook.
7. In late August, start making basic extra-curricular calendars. Does child one have martial arts on Monday, other have volleyball practice Tuesday/Thursday and the last one have social justice after school? Make a general map so you can see who has to pick up and taken home and how you are going to solve the problem of being at two places at one time. The calendar could include information about other parents that you share the car pooling with or an after-care program that needs to be engaged in the planning.
8. Don’t for get to try and shop early for back-to-school clothes. Many sales begin now in mid-July and you can get some great sales. Take advantage of items being in stock and easy to order before the end-of-summer rush.
The Back to School Blast was organized by Mom Powered Media.
Please take a moment to also visit our lovely co-hosts, whom without them great things such as these would not be possible: My Vegan Gluten-Free Life, Plum Crazy About Coupons, Capri's Coupons, Downshifting - Your Family, Your Home, Your Life, Jack of all trades, Master of Mom™, Quick Tattletails, Mew Review and Iowa Mom.
One lucky winner will receive a $1,000 Visa Gift Card!
Giveaway ends August 15th at 11:59pm, open worldwide, ages 18+. If the winner resides outside of the US, they will receive Paypal cash. To enter please use the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure:Downshifting - Your Family, Your Home, Your Life is not responsible for sponsor prize shipment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to see your business or blog featured on the next big event!