There is nothing more fun than getting a surprise in a box.
What could it be toys? Food? a brand new TV?
Nope. It was cleaning supplies. Cleaning supplies, really? Oh man, I hate cleaning. I mean I do it but its not the number one thing on my list. I would rather: cook (so that says a lot), cut the grass (which I haven’t done in 20 years), clean the car by hand or have dental work!
So what did I have to do? I had to test out these array of cleaning products by Better Life. I was dreading it. Who wouldn’t?
Was I ever WRONG. W.R.O.N.G. wrong!
I have to tell you, I had a hoot cleaning.
Yup, you read that right… I had a hoot cleaning.
Why? Because the products smell so good. They were easy on my skin (I don’t tend to use gloves) and they were very versatile.
The Better Life Line of Products has the following cleaners:
- Spin-credible Natural Laundry Detergent (Lavender Grapefruit & Unscented)
- Automatic Magic Dishwasher Gel
- Simply Floored Natural Floor Cleaner
- Whatever Natural All-Purpose Cleaner (Clary Sage +Citrus & Unscented)
- I Can See Clearly, Wow Natural Glass Cleaner
- Take It for Granite Natural Counter-top Cleaner
- Einshine Natural Stainless Steel Polish
- Even the Kitchen Sink Natural Cleaning Scrubber
- Dish It Out Natural Dish Soap (Clary Sage + Citrus & Unscented)
I am currently working with a friend and a client on setting up her new law office. I was excited to get into the space and see what there was to see but you can imagine in a heritage building there were some cobwebs that needed to be whisked away. Windows to be cleaned and shelves to be scrubbed. The biggest job had to be a beautiful but pretty grimy marble fireplace. When I got there, I knew this would be the place to start my cleaning experiment.
These are the products I was able to test out:
1. Take It for Granite Natural Counter-top Cleaner
- Once seriously grimy marble mantle
- two very determined women
- one eco-friendly cleaning product
- a roll of paper towels and clothes
- a lot of elbow grease
Results: a much cleaner, whiter surface. It took a good amount to get the grime off but it did come off. Yes, that was a white paper towel that we used. And yes, it was that dirty. Overall a success.
I leant my products to my friend so she can finish up some tasks and I have a sneaking suspicion, I am not going to get them back… she loved them that much.
2. Even the Kitchen Sink Natural Cleaning Scrubber
- one stained white porcelain
- one huge pain in the butt to clean
- a few squirts of Even the Kitchen Sink from Better Life
- one Scotch Brite sponge
- more elbow grease
Results: Although much cleaner than before, it did not do the job that common backing soda and lemon juice does. It is very tough to clean the coffee stains from this sink, no doubt about it. Other cleaners pale in comparison. I thought the shininess that this product gave was very nice. In my bathroom, it faired much better. So if you wanted a safe alternative to chemical cleaners, I would still recommend this.
3. Einshine Natural Stainless Steel Polish
- one stainless steel fridge full of smudges and water marks
- a good amount of spray
- some paper towels
- some more elbow grease
Results: I think the instagram video says it all. Really, I absolutely LOVED this product. It is a WINNER for me. It went on easily and then wiped off easily. It is sort of creamy and not like window cleaner so at first it feels like you are making a mess but then the shine starts happening and you are one happy camper at the sight of your shiny, smudge proof fridge.
So far I have tested the products above and also the following products: the Automatic Magic Dishwasher Gel – which my husband like very much- and the Whatever Natural All-Purpose Cleaner (Clary Sage +Citrus). I have to say, I wish I had smell-o-vision because I love the smell of the Clary Sage + Citrus blend. It is scented using only natural oil extracts and it is very soothing.
Stay tuned as I will be testing out the remainder of the products in the next month so stay tuned on Instagram when I give you some cleaning tips and mini-reviews as I try everything out. May sure to follow me so you can see what I think of all the Better Life products.
Things you should know about Better Life Products exclusively at Target Canada
All Better Life products are:
- cruelty Free, no animal testing, vegan
- hypoallergenic, free of synthetic fragrances, dyes and solvents
- products are nut free, dairy free, wheat free
- have been proven to biodegrade at 2-3 times the rate of the leading natural and conventional brands
- safe for pets
- are made from plant derived ingredients
- use only natural extracts
Clean Happens for You Too!
It. Gets. Better.
One DownshiftingPRO fan will win a Life Better Gift Kit with a value of $50 CDN
Giveaway is open to Canadian Residents only (excludes Quebec) ends December 27th at 11:59 pm EST.
Your Gift Prize will be sent directly from Better Life (a variety of products will be shipped directly to the winner). The winner will be required to answer a skill-testing question. You have 48 hours to claim your prize before another winner will be randomly drawn.
Remember. You. Can’t. Win. If. You. Don’t. Enter.