I am DownshiftingPRO. I am a travel and family/lifestlye blogger, professional organizer and social media evangelist. That means I wear a lot of hats and I love it. I began blogging because I wanted to get the word out about my passion: organizing! I work with families, individuals and small business owners to help them create order in their lives.
As I continued developing my blog, I realized that I had an opinion about a lot of different things so I started to write about my family (three teens), my travels (local, national and international), food (some recipes… really only some… I’d rather review a restaurant or food truck), as well as home products, services and destination reviews. The last topic I write about is social media (blogging, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube).
As my family grows and I age (gracefully, I might add), my blog topics will also evolve. That is what a blog should be in my view, a reflection of what is naturally progressing in my life.
This is what I am interested in blogging about:
- TRAVEL: as my kids are older, it has given me a greater opportunity to travel. I am looking for travel alone (as a 50+ Gen. X/Babyboomer), as a couple (I’ve been married for over 20 years), as well as multi-generational travel (I travel with my 80-year-old mother and the kids) or as a Family. Do you have somewhere where you think we would love to go? Let me know, I am always up for an adventure. FYI, I am a sharer. I love to share my travel pictures on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. So if you have something for me to see or talk about let me know.
- TEENS: Having three children that are in the teens (and one soon to enter her 20s), I am interested in products for them (video games, beauty products, hair products, school supplies, young adult books, electronic gadgets, phones, tablets etc.) as well as travel that would include challenging adventures for older children. I don’t stand around waiting for them to get off the merry-go-round any longer! They are looking for adventure and fun! All of my teens contribute to the blog with reviews in their own voice and with their own opinions!
- ORGANIZING: I still enjoy working with my clients to tackle big projects and small. I am open to organizing product, apps and organizing services for review. I also write often about cleaning or consumer products that will be helpful to my readers.
I am a session and keynote speaker and have spoken in both Canada and the US. I speak primarily about social media platforms for small business – LinkedIn (one of my favourites), Pinterest, Twitter, Blogging and Facebook. I help small business owners and professional organizers grow their business using social media.
I am a Silver Leaf Member of the Professional Organizers in Canada. I am the past Chapter Chair of the London and Area Chapter. The chapter covers a large geographic area from Huron Shores to Windsor, Strathroy, London, Ingersoll and Woodstock.
I speak for groups on organizing topics as varied as: corporate organizing, time management, family management, organizing children and teens, kitchen, basement, playroom/rec room organizing.
Email inquiries: 2margarita @ rogers.com
An abstract about me: 25 Personal and Professional Random Facts
- I am a mother, a wife, a daughter and a sister. A blogger, a speaker and a social media trainer
- I am very social. Sometimes I think social media was invented purely for my entertainment. I couldn’t be a successful blogger without the help of: Paula, Cyn, Wanda and Annie…
- I am very loyal to my friends – they mean the world to me. Nothing is better then a great dinner, a fine bottle of wine and an interesting conversation. Pam, Sandy, Philippa, Peri & Deb L. are very near and dear to my heart.
- My motto: Be the change you wish to see in the world – Gandhi.
- Don’t get caught up in the ‘cult of fear’: speak up when you witness an injustice.
- My husband is the love of my life. Without him I would not be able to excel at what I do.
- I am like my father: I like savoring good food, reading great books, telling good stories and being surrounded by my family.
- I graduated from McGill with a B.A. and I love what I studied even though I do not use it in my everyday life.
- There is nothing better than a cold, cold beer in the summer, a pinot grigio at a dinner party and a Grand Marnier on ice in the wee hours of the morning.
- I still have some delusion that I can stay up until the wee hours of the morning drinking.
- I am a night-owl and can often be found sending emails at 3 in the morning.
- I would love to live in Vancouver or Paris, France (not Paris, Ontario). I still consider Montreal my home town.
- I am a terrible baker but my husband is becoming a fantastic cook ~ because he likes it.
- I speak French and Spanish but I express myself best in English.
- I was born in South America and I am VERY proud of that fact.
- My son H. is very smart. My daughter H. is a kind and gentle soul. My daughter L. is inspiring when she Irish dances. They complete me… seriously…
- I love to work at my business but I love to help others with theirs ~ honestly, I BELIEVE in business karma.
- I think very funny thoughts and sometimes they come out of my mouth when they should have stayed in my head.
- I am a professional organizer and social media evangelist. I own two companies and I love working at both equally hard. I think it is very hard to be a small business owner. That being said, I love what I do!
- I believe what Shakespeare once wrote: “All true things are said in jest.” I also believe GOD (and not the devil) is in the DETAILS.
- I have an opinion. Did you want to hear it?
- If I won the lottery I would travel the world with different people… according to their personalities, dietary requirements and fun factor.
- I love dance music. My favourite song is “Personal Jesus” by Depech Mode. Although, Katy Perry’s “Firework” leaves a smile on my face.
- I believe God places people in our path for a very good reason. You just need to figure out why. This is why I am one of the “Church Ladies”. I will need to explain that to some of you.
- Everyday I look up and read a plaque that is hung on my wall and this is what it says:
- live with intention
- walk to the edge
- listen hard
- practice wellness
- play with abandon
- choose with no regrets
- continue to learn
- appreciate your friends
- do what you love
- live as if this is all there