I am DownshiftingPRO. I am a lifestly and travel blogger, a keynote speaker on social media and as a former professional organizer I enjoy order in my life. I began blogging because I wanted to get the word out about my passion: organizing that was in 2008. As my blog evolved, I realized that I had an opinion about a lot of different things so I started to write about my family, my travels (local, national and international), food (some recipes… really only some… I’d rather review a restaurant or food truck), as well as consumer products, services and eventuallydestination reviews.
As my family grows and I age (gracefully, I might add), my blog continues to. That is what a blog should be in my view, a reflection of what is natural progression in life.
Topics I am interested in blogging about:
- TRAVEL: as my kids are older, it has given me a greater opportunity to travel. I am looking for travel alone (as a 50+ Gen. X/Babyboomer), as a couple (I’ve been married for over 20 years), as well as multi-generational travel (I travel with my 80-year-old mother and the kids) or as a Family. Do you have somewhere where you think we would love to go? Let me know, I am always up for an adventure. FYI, I am a sharer. I love to share my travel pictures on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. So if you have something for me to see or talk about let me know.
- TEENS: Having three children that are in the teens (and one soon to enter her 20s), I am interested in products for them (video games, beauty products, hair products, school supplies, young adult books, electronic gadgets, phones, tablets etc.) as well as travel that would include challenging adventures for older children. I don’t stand around waiting for them to get off the merry-go-round any longer! They are looking for adventure and fun! All of my teens contribute to the blog with reviews in their own voice and with their own opinions!
- LIFE: I still enjoy working with a few dedicated organizing clients as we tackle smaller projects. I am open to organizing product, apps and organizing services for review. Other life topics include the small DIY projects, a few recipes and consumer product reviews that are a good fit. I will not review anything that I would not use on a regular basis.
Hire me to speak:
I am a session and keynote speaker and have spoken in both Canada and the US. I speak primarily about social media platforms for small business – LinkedIn (one of my favourites), Pinterest, Twitter, Blogging and Facebook. I help small business owners and professional organizers grow their business using social media.
Email inquiries: 2margarita @ rogers.com
An abstract about me:
27 Personal and Professional Random Facts
- I am a mother, a wife, a daughter and a sister.
- I loved my 40s and turning 50 was even better. How great is that?
- I am very social. Sometimes I think social media was invented purely for my entertainment. I couldn’t be a successful blogger without the help of other family-, lifestyle-, business- and travel bloggers. We are a community
- I am very loyal to my friends -hey mean the world to me. Nothing is better than a great dinner, a fine bottle of wine, an interesting conversation or a weekend away with my peeps.
- My motto: Be the change you wish to see in the world – Gandhi.
- Don’t get caught up in the ‘cult of fear’: speak up when you witness an injustice.
- My husband is the love of my life. Without him I would not be able to excel at what I do.
- I am like my father: I like savoring good food, reading great books, telling good stories and being surrounded by my family.
- I graduated with a B.A. from McGill University in Montreal. I loved what I studied even though I do not use it in my everyday life.
- There is nothing better than a cold, cold beer in the summer, a pinot grigio at a dinner party and a Grand Marnier on ice in the wee hours of the morning.
- I still have delusions that I can stay up until the wee hours of the morning drinking.
- I am a night-owl and can often be found sending writing at 3 am.
- I would love to live in Vancouver or Paris, France (not Paris, Ontario). I still consider Montreal my home town. I hope to return to Capetown, South Africa.
- I am a terrible baker but my husband is a great cook ~ because he likes it, I don’t.
- I speak French and Spanish fluently but I express myself best in English.
- I was born in South America and I am VERY proud of that fact.
- My son H. is very smart. My daughter H. is a kind and gentle soul. My daughter L. is inspiring when she Irish dances. They complete me… seriously…they do.
- I can pack a bag in less than 20 minutes for a flight in less than hour.
- My passport is always at the ready (including traveling money, a notebook and a camera).
- I think very funny thoughts and sometimes they come out of my mouth when they should have stayed in my head.
- Nothing in life is free. No trip. No Meal. No pass.
- I believe what Shakespeare once wrote: “All true things are said in jest.” I also believe GOD (and not the devil) is in the DETAILS.
- I have an opinion. Did you want to hear it? (Hint: read the blog).
- If I won the lottery I would travel the world with different people… according to their personalities, dietary requirements and fun factor.
- I love dance music. My favourite song is “Personal Jesus” by Depech Mode. You will find Beyonce, The Weekend, Drake and Bruno Mars on my playlist.
- I believe God places people in our path for a very good reason. You just need to figure out why.
- Everyday I look up and read a plaque that is hung on my wall and this is what it says:
“What are you waiting for?” See #18 & 19