Is it February already? How can that be? It was just New Year’s a few weeks ago right? This month is a short one so you need to get organized start writing. I was on one of my blogger support groups this week and was asked what do you find the hardest about blogging. I said to write EVERY DAY. I don’t tend to be one to have something to say every day (o.k. that is a blatant lie if you actually speak to me on the phone) but I find that it is hard to sit down and just write.
I love to write. I love to craft a post and write about what is important to me and what I love to do with the kids or with my husband. I love to post online without a doubt. But sometimes I find it hard to just write every day.
So I have decided to add some writing prompts to help the process. These are for you and for me. You can use them to let me know if you have been inspired to write a blog post. If you have, make sure and let me know so I can share it with the world.
I wanted to remind you that February is: Black History Month, Heart & Stroke Month and Jr. Achievement Month. The week of Feb. 9 – 15 is Random Acts of Kindness Week. In the US you celebrate President’s Day the third Monday of February but we Canadians celebrate Family Day. An effort to focus on the family in the dead of winter. On Thursday, Feb. 19th begins the Year of the Goat. Celebrate Chinese New Year! On Feb. 22 it is World Thinking Day (Girl Guide & Boy Scouts celebrate the founding of those iconic youth organization).
I have put together a prompt schedule that is a combination of my topics / and yours.
- Sunday: Super Bowl Sunday –
- Monday: 4M – Manic Monday Tips / Groundhog Day! Did you see your shadow when you walked outside this morning?
- Tuesday: Tribute to my Dad /
- Wednesday: Wordless Wednesday / World Cancer Day #WCD honour someone you know that has fought the Big C
- Thursday: Editorial Calendar and Writing Prompts / Is there a Target closing near you? How do you feel about it?
- Friday: Giveaway Linky + Maple Leaf Monster Jam Giveaway / List of things you would like to organize this weekend: closet, basement, junk drawer?
- Saturday: Safe Internet Day: How do you keep the internet safe for your kids?
- Sunday: Twitter Amazon GC/ Planning for the week: Meal Planning. Do you do it?
Random Acts of Kindness Week: Feb. 9 – 15
- Monday: 4M – Manic Monday Tips / Write about something that Motivates you on Monday.
- Tuesday: Make a Friend Day
- Wednesday: Wordless Wednesday / How do you take the perfect photo
- Thursday: Share a story for Black History Month
- Friday: Giveaway Linky /What was your favourite Valentine’s Day Date?
- Saturday: Valentine’s Day. Share photos or write a love letter to your love.
- Sunday: Did you have a pet as a child? Tell us about them
- Monday: 4M – Manic Monday Tips / Family Day or President’s Day
- Tuesday: Mardi Gras: Pancake Tuesday – share a pancake recipe.
- Wednesday: LinkedMoms Twitter Party / 5 tips to take the perfect photo
- Thursday: Gung Hay Fat Choy means “Best wishes and Congratulations. Have a prosperous and good year.” Chinese New Year – write about an event that you celebrate that may not be native to you
- Friday: Giveaway Linky World Day of Social Justice
- Saturday: Your best crock pot recipes
- Sunday: Pinterest Amazon GC/ International World Thinking Day! Guiding: Where you Brownie, Girl Guide or Scout? What was your favourite part?
- Monday: 4M – Manic Monday Tips / What do you hate to organize and why?
- Tuesday: What is your favourite social media platform? Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, SnapChat?
- Wednesday: Wordless Wednesday / Pink Shirt Day: Anti-bullying Day
- Thursday: Recipe: share your favourite recipe that you made this week.
- Friday: Giveaway Linky What song played during your first dance as husband and wife? Why did you choose that song?
- Sunday: Write a letter to your younger self. Be really honest.
Margarita Ibbott is a travel and lifestyle blogger. She blogs about travel in Canada, the United States and Europe giving practical advice through restaurant, hotel and attraction reviews. She writes for DownshiftingPRO.com and other online media outlets.